Thursday, July 9, 2009

Stormy Weather

Well, this week we've been back to cloudy and overcast with degrees in the 60's. Of course, that was right after I got new Capri pants on Sunday (which was when it was still warm :) I'm not complaining by any means... I really enjoy the cool much better than the hot.

Other than that, this week I've been just beside myself thinking about the future, being uncertain, and wishing I could just decide about everything all at once and get it over with. I had a thought again about being a band instrument repairman. That would be something else I could do at a University somewhere... maybe supplemental to librarianship... maybe instead. Hanging out with a university marching band would be loads of fun. I remember the guy at the UW was my first official band person I met when I borrowed a mellophone to practice over the summer before I tried out. He was awfully nice.

As for storms, my dad is driving me nuts, treating me like a little kid, and generally making me want to throw up my hands and get the heck out of the house (even though I love being there). The general problem is that he really doesn't care what I think about anything. Everything has to be "happy" or "his way" all the time, even if it isn't.

And then there's the Photography show next week... I know I will really enjoy it, but I wish I didn't have to wait for it to come. With that and my pair of vacations coming up, right now is just waiting, waiting, waiting. How do you 'live for today' when next week(s) promises to be so much better?

Jp

No comments: