Monday, July 6, 2009

Oh, The Most Fun I've Had In a While

And I generally have a good time anyway...

I volunteered to play for a short gig (10 minutes) for the UW Alumni Band, because the people we were playing for (Seattle Tennis Club) were going to donate $500 to our Band scholarship fund for the trouble. I had to leave work a tiny bit early, but I thought, "why not?" There probably won't be any other mellophone player there... (I was right). But what made the evening incredibly fun was the following:

I emailed the tiny group of volunteers, asking for carpoolers... and who should respond (I hadn't noticed him on the list), but my Jr. High band director (my favorite teacher of all time). He would pick me up at the Jr. High school parking lot and we'd cross the lake together! My goodness! We talked (and laughed) the whole evening! What a dear! I know of several hundred people who would have loved to have been in my shoes tonight! And they're all in my facebook group that is dedicated to him. :) Big smile!

Jp

No comments: