Friday, July 10, 2009

No Sooner Said...

...than it turns to brilliantly sunny and 80 degrees. I suppose tomorrow will be overcast now that I say that... hmm..."It's sunny, it's sunny, it's really, really warm!" We'll see... :)

Yesterday my dad took off on a weekend trip with his friends, so I took my mom and sister out to eat after work. It was a pleasant little evening... after getting home we watched an episode of Foyle's War and MASH, but both were rather somber.

Today after work (life really doesn't begin until then), I had a little of my leftovers from last night, and then my sister and I went out for an errand and a visit to the antique store in downtown Kirkland. Last time we went there, I found a white mug with a figure of a knight lancing a dragon and the words "George & Dragon" emblazoned on it. I had to take it home with me, so I did. :) Mostly the stuff is overpriced, but quite fun to look through from time to time. Among the little stalls, my sister found a brand new riding helmet from Germany that was decently priced... and she had been needing a new one! What a find!

Back at home and after a MASH, the three of us went out for dinner again, this time to the Olive Garden... and my! did we all have a feast! I had a new dish; a light pasta and creamy sauce with seasoned steak medallions... um, it was the best I've had there! We all had a chocolate mousse and cheese cake combination... um, perfect! And by the time we got home, it was time for more MASH, one my sister hadn't even seen before!

For the rest of the evening, I've been reading Johnny T., and I plan on taking the dog on a walk, and then take a shower... hmm, I like Fridays. :)

Jp

1 comment:

Linda said...

Oh, Jen! You had the Black Tie mousse cake! OUR FAVORITE!