Sunday, July 12, 2009

Weekends

Nothing of real note yesterday... picked up my room, watched lots of TV... we're down to four episodes of MASH left! Did a little Get Smart and F Troop as well. I've been enjoying a couple days of easy going. Yesterday's weather was in the 80's, but today it's cold! Completely cloudy (even a little rain!) and here I am, sitting in my sweatshirt... where yesterday I was just sitting in sweat... :) Wild, wild Washington weather.

This morning I woke up in a great deal of pain (it's that time of month), my sister proscribed some mind-distracting episodes of silly 60's TV, the pills kicked in, I read Johnny Tremain (I think I'll finish tonight), had some breakfast, played cards, got a call from my brother, read a little of CS Lewis's The Four Loves (again), had a little bit of Bible reading and hymn singing with my mom, and I am generally enjoying the day. And to think, if I had so desired, I could have been doing that Seattle to Portland bike ride my friends were going to do yesterday and today... yikes!

Life is good.
Jp

No comments: