Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Weekdays

Well, this one is half over! It's a really good thing I have that San Diego trip between now and August! :) It'll be a great way to have fun while making the time go faster... that's an odd pair of things to want at once!

Today is shaping up much like yesterday: foggy, cool morning (58 degrees), promising to burn away into bright sunshine by the afternoon. Last night I tore around driving pictures from class to the UW for the people who are hanging it. Picked up some, dropped them off, returned a set from the previous one... and it only took me 2 and a half hours to do all this. Rush hour isn't the easiest time to navigate the University district :) However, the way there didn't seem so bad, as I was enjoying myself heartily on two episodes of Our Miss Brooks... Thanks Mike! I could have died when Mr. Boynton reeled in that fish. Not literally though... I was stopped at a stoplight. LOL

And last night we put in the last regular episode of MASH... (sob)... I can't believe we don't have four seasons left to go, or something. It's been a long journey. I've seen the two-hour special before... twice. But I'm looking forward to it again. What a... bunch of characters! They really created some nice ones... I got to like Charles quite a bit by the end, and surprisingly, BJ just a little less. He really could be rather mean by manipulating people and "joking". Margaret had her moments over the seasons (and really was much nicer towards the end), but she really stuck to her Army-loving self. Hawkeye... oh, Hawkeye. It took him lots of seasons to grow up a bit, but he did. Father Mulcahy is almost always a delight, and I really love how Colonel Potter can yell really loud and be very tender from moment to moment. Colonel Blake and Radar will always be dear to me, but they totally brought a different feel to the show. I ended up not missing Frank at all. But who can describe Klinger? :)

Jp

No comments: