Thursday, July 16, 2009

Disconnected!

As in... out of range for cell phones and wireless Internet!

Last night I spent a lovely evening at our friend's house in Carnation, as my sister was house-sitting while they were away. It didn't take me too much longer than I thought it would. The 6:15 traffic was probably better than it would have been around 5... so I'm glad I made up some time from Tuesday. After feeding the many dogs (including a new mommy Jack Russell with 8 little three-day old puppies) we watched the 1st disc of Happy Days from season 1, from whoa! 1974! Phase 10 was then played (and I lost... like usual). Went outside to listen to delayed cell phone messages (they came in around an hour-1/2 later than when received) and I was swept away with how bright the stars were. Way more than I usually see at home because our friends live on top of a hill, 10 minutes away from Nowhere, WA. (this is where our horses live. :) The Big Dipper, Cassiopeia, and the Gemini Twins looked different with no gigantic fir trees to hide behind! There are lots of trees up there... a forest, in fact... but the house is in a clearing.

Between the crying of the little baby dogs and the cat hopping on me, I only woke up around 6 times. But driving through the illuminated fog down in the valley in the early morning was worth it all!

Jp

No comments: