Friday, November 11, 2011

What a Week!

Tuesday, after quarters I came back home right away, made breakfast and watched "An Education" 2009. Boy, new films and I don't mix all the time. I enjoyed it, mostly, but the storyline was so righteous (and unrighteous). This 16 year old girl in 1960's Briton runs into this 40ish year old guy. They share sophisticated tastes, develop a friendship, she finds out he's an art thief, she stays with him, marries him at 17, and then finds out he's already married. She dropped out of school, but still goes on to Oxford after working with her previous teacher. It was interesting... it's stayed with me all week. Alfred Molina plays her father, and Emma Thompson her headmistress. There was no lack of talent, that's for sure.

Then Tuesday evening, I dropped it back at the library and worked for an hour. Walked to Chipotle for dinner, and then decided to go ahead and actually give Days Inn the new flag I bought to replace their old one. Rash, but rather fun. I saw it flying proudly yesterday when I tried out Rubio's across the street for a lobster burrito.

Wednesday, Oh My Gosh! It was so fun to go downtown and see West Side Story in the theater for its 50th anniversary (thanks, TCM!). I parked at Old Town, took the trolley, and arrived just in time for the 7pm start time. They had an interview with a few of the original folks, and then we saw it in all its glory! I hadn't seen it since I was a teenager, so I enjoyed it a lot. What music and dancing! And so timely, since I just saw the plays "Somewhere" and "Maestro: Leonard Bernstein" at the Old Globe recently. "Maria; I just met a girl named Maria." Couldn't get it out of my head. :)

Came home and rashly decided to go home for Thanksgiving. I really couldn't have peace until I did it, and numerous factors over the last couple weeks led me up to it. I called Southwest, and they made a deal for me. I'll be home all of Thursday the 24th and Friday the 25th.

And yesterday at Target (after Rubio's) I picked up some Christmas lights to brighten up my room.

Then I called my parents and sisters to let them know that I was coming! That was fun! :)







I think I'll probably end up buying a strand of multicolored lights as well. We'll see.

Jw

No comments: