Thursday, January 21, 2010

Dear Friends and Good Food

My friend Julie was free Wednesday night. She's taking off Friday for her last two semesters of her degree from a college in Florida. It was much like what we did our last time together last year... played cards, had dinner, went to B&N for her to pick up a book for the flight. Oh, did we laugh and talk... I think I was a little slap happy... and it was very fun. I had come directly from a long workday (and had to sit in traffic a bit to get to her house) , so I was pretty tired. On the other hand, I rarely find it difficult to be silly with Julie. :) What a dear friend! And then back at home I had a very good talk with Mike... both a serious and a silly one. What a dear friend you are!

I found that in staying up late, I was able to get up easier than I had been able to all week (when I tried to get to bed an hour or more earlier than normal). I suppose my body is on some sort of clock, and I wasn't helping anything by messing up the schedule.

Today we had a celebratory lunch at work... for being the best department at our plant for straightening up our area and doing the most process improvement. We had Thai food... it was really quite tasty! I had the "special" which was a noodle dish, rice and very mild green curry sauce with chicken, soup and some egg rolls. Very nice... along with having a fun time with my coworkers. Goodness, we can be funny sometimes! And our youngest member of our team is leaving in a couple weeks... that will be sad.

Tonight we watched 'My Man Godfrey'... and I loved Mr. Powell, but the movie itself was a little odd. Strange storyline, and an off-kilter ending.

Wow, it's time for bed now. 'Night, night.

Jp

No comments: