Tuesday, January 19, 2010

How the Wind Blows

Monday was such a long day. It was torture to return to work on such a beautiful, sunny day, as I left my Mom and sister home as I left to go back after lunch. I could see bits of snow on the distant Cascades under a bright blue sky. There was a fresh breeze that made it about 60 degrees (I might be able to get used to all the browns of January if they are all days like this) It was dreary work, scanning my dozen books for the rest of the day... it was so refreshing to return home... and Mom had tacos for dinner! :)

It had rained on Sunday, so the air was so clean and fragrant all day Monday. Today, again we had stiff breezes all day long. It was still about 60 degrees, and every second I was outside was wonderful. I even drove home with my windows open!

Tonight, Dad & Mom and I had a lovely time finishing Colossians and discussing a question my friend asked me on Sunday. We then prayed for our family and for gracious communication, as it says in the beginning of chapter four, that it always be with grace and "salt" or truth. There seem to be a lot of verses about keeping a watch on what you say... James, Jude, Proverbs, Colossians... just off the top of my head.

After a couple hymns, we all watched the 1956 TV special of "Cinderella" with Julie Andrews. Becky had lent me her copy... and as an extra, they have a snippet of the Ed Sullivan show on which Rogers & Hammerstein appeared to perform a song from the production to promote it, as it was going to be on the next week... ah, advertising in the old days. :)

If only.
Jp

No comments: