Monday, November 9, 2009

Is It Possible?

Sunday, November 8:

I really liked the Will Ferrel movie 'Elf'. I know it sounds unbelievable, but the guy can actually be funny sometimes. He's mostly too crass and stupid for me, but he wasn't in this one. It was especially fun because it had lots of references to Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer and a few other Christmas movies without being too formulaic. We watched it right after lunch because my friend Becky had it with her. It was a good one to watch with the family.

After the movie we played a few hands of Skip-Bo... poor Becky! :) I won all three (or was it four?) times. We then went out to get something at Fred Meyer and had Chinese for dinner while we were out. A perfectly lovely evening, really.

When I came home, I was pretty tired, but Mom and I read in Corinthians again. And after that, I picked up Mere Christianity again and finished it! Yay! But it was so long ago that I started it, I read the first book of it again for a refresher. So good. The Lord used a part in the end to speak to me directly about a sin that I was holding on to... and I let go. Sweet freedom :) I am shocked with myself that I was tempted for a minute to say "Forget you!" to God about it. He is so patient with us.

Jp

No comments: