Sunday, September 29, 2013

A Whole Two Days Off!

I've had a real weekend! And it was wonderful!

Yesterday morning as I got off around 8am, I stopped by the grocery on the way home for juice, milk and Parmesan cheese for my leftover spaghetti at home; and I picked up a little sushi for lunch too.

Went through the mail, watched Mansfield Park (from Netflix - which I had seen before) as I ate a big breakfast. Then I couldn't help re-watching some Jane Eyre (1983, BBC) that I had watched last Sunday... I loved it so much, I thought about it all week long during the underway. Took a couple-hour nap since I was so tired from Friday's duty day.

Wrote more posts online for my Darling's weekly song project, then watched an episode of Fawlty Towers and Midsomer Murders. How bout that for contrasting TV shows! To finish the relaxing day out I watched The Lilies of the Field (1963, Sidney Poitier) that I enjoyed very much. I didn't bother with doing much of anything since I knew I had Sunday as well. Had a nice little chat with Linda before going to bed though.

I managed to spend this Sunday pretty wisely, only missing out on one thing I planned to do. Woke pretty early without an alarm around 8am. I cleaned up right away, even cleaning the house before breakfast. Breakfast was neat because I used the "perfect pancake" pan that I got online after seeing Grampa and Gramma's earlier this month. And even though I burned them a little, they were still pretty good. Listened to Enya and Michelle Tumes while I ate.

Then I packed up the laundry and my new paperback copy of Captain Blood and headed over to Ocean View for some beachfront reading in the brisk fall breeze. While the laundry dried, I drove across the street to the library where I purchased some printable sheet music (Music of the Night, All I Ask of You, May It Be & Only Time). By the time I made it home I had time for an episode of Fawlty Towers before going to church. And church was very good... an introduction to the topic that will last until Christmas: seeing God's plan for Christ throughout the Old Testament. He preached on 1Cor. 2 (Paul teaching about the fulfillment of "Moses and the Prophets" and the story from Luke 24 of Jesus "opening up the Scriptures" to his unknowing disciples after the resurrection, showing them God's plan for himself.

Back at home I played my new music on my horn... all five flats in a couple of the pieces... and re-learned a few fingerings for D flat and A flat... not very common key signatures. Enjoyed it a great deal; I love those Phantom songs.

Jw

No comments: