Saturday, September 21, 2013

Life as a Couch Potato

With the exception of Saturday, the last week (since I got back from North Carolina) has been very busy... very few hours at home after work, and Duty every three days...doesn't allow for much. More often than not I simply ate dinner at home and watched something (usually many things) on Netflix. I recently started watching Midsomer Murders... a Dick Van Dyke episode here and there... a Foyle's War or two... a documentary about Denali National Park... and a tour of New England with Stephen Fry. And I also enjoyed discs in the mail... The Nine Tailors, The Road to Bali, and Blazing Saddles just yesterday. But besides all that, I created a blog for my Darling's music picks every week and did some shopping online.

Saturday was a different story though... I slept in so long! Had a nice big breakfast, and later on I drove over to Newport News to the model store Hobbytown USA. I picked up supplies for the model destroyer I'm going to build. I think it was that afternoon when I made tacos for dinner... and that lasted me for a few days!

I managed to play a little on the cello I rented the other day... and I got my laundry done the other night when the weather turned. Suddenly it was feeling like fall with the chilly wind and cloudy skies every now and then. Read some more in Neptune's Inferno in my car to escape the network television played inside while my clothes washed and dried. Yesterday it was spaghetti for dinner at home and I even cleaned up the kitchen afterwords.

It sure was nice to relax when I could this last week; I really needed it.

Jw

No comments: