Thursday, March 7, 2013

Little Indulgences

Today I arranged to have dinner with my friend Cassie from work... she's got me into sushi... so we met up in Virginia Beach at a favorite place of her's near her new apartment. Delicious! I had a shrimp tempura roll, an "Alaskan" roll (salmon, crab & avocado) and then one piece of scallop over rice. Yummy!

Before I met up with her, I changed at home and finally went swimming at the nearby indoor pool on Tidewater. Only did 500 yds, as the stuff she had to take care of wouldn't take too long. It was incredibly nice to swim again... and I loved the place too. I could save $2 and swim on base (only on the weekends, now), but not only was this surrounded by a picturesque park with tall pine trees (with the sun spilling through the skylights), but there were civilians around instead of all military. Sort of a relief to be away from other Sailors at times.

After dinner, I went shopping at my favorite mall again for fun and ended up getting the WWII documentary series "Victory At Sea", a few war history magazines, and a beautiful copy of the King James Bible from Barnes and Noble... vinyl with a decorative cross, but also complete with famous illustrations from French artist Gustave Dore, first published in 1865. Finished the evening with some soup and coffee at Panera Bread as I read in one of the magazines.

Jw

No comments: