Thursday, August 9, 2012

Sunday, Then Tuesday & Wednesday Afternoons

Monday was swallowed up by duty, so nothing of my own to share from there.

My Sunday was very nice... went to church with Kristin and Dan again, except this time I met them there. Good sermon on the passage just before the last one... Jesus calmed the storm; more of their "Jesus at the Beach" summer series. And again we had Moe's for lunch afterwords... and that ended up being my only meal that day! Stopped at Walmart for a couple odd things like paper towel holders and a new stopper for the drain in the sink. When I got home, I put everything away, then proceeded to go down my list of things I needed to get done. Put all those Navy patches and pictures in the big frame I got from Michaels, then I cleaned out the ice and water in the bottom of the fridge... and ended up taking all the bottom shelves out and doing a thorough cleaning. Then it was the trash bin outside that needed a good washing. Hooked up the hose outside and sprayed it for quite a while before the nasty, smelly stuff came out.

It felt good to get those things done that I had been wanting too for a while now. To relax, I had a cup of instant decaff and read a few chapters in Black Beauty as I sat on the couch in my own living room with only the evening light of the lamp on next to me. So refreshing!

Tuesday afternoon I went over to the housing office to pay my extra rent for the end of July... they hadn't been aware that I was late, so there was no fee. :) At first they told me I couldn't pay by personal check after the fifth (to be sure I wasn't overdrawn), but thank God, someone else in the office let it go since it was for such a small amount. I was almost going to be unhappy. :) At home, I had ham and potatoes for dinner and watched "The Fighting 69th" (1940, James Cagney, Pat O'Brien) - but the DVD came with "a night at the pictures", which came with a very neat little newsreel about the Pacific Fleet doing exercises near Hawaii, and then a little piece by a news correspondent called "London Can Take It"... about a typical day and night in London during the Blitz. Very neat, indeed. After the movie I started Rocky Balboa with Stallone (the recent one) but the disc stopped working half-way through. Good thing, because it was time for bed soon. :)

Yesterday I had to stop by the housing office again to put in a ticket for my fridge that is still dripping water. It was fast, and soon I was home and changed and out the door again to go get my cell fixed at a repair center on Virginia Beach Blvd. They needed time to wipe it and install new software, so I went out to dinner at the nearby Macaroni Grill (like they have in Seattle). Had a delicious dish on recommendation from the server... pan seared chicken with angel hair pasta, with mushrooms, artichokes and grape tomatoes. Mmm! But I also had a shrimp & avocado (with beans and diced tomatoes) over toasted bread. Again... wow.

Returned to find my phone working wonderfully, then stopped by Office Max to make copies of my OC spray certificate that I picked up on the ship. Found some useful laptop accessories, then made it out the door alright. :) Stopped by Michaels down the street for the last frame... and made some flower arrangements to brighten the living room. It was pretty late by the time everything was set up back at home. Skyped with my Darling for the first time in a while... and that was very nice. :)

Jw

No comments: