Saturday, August 4, 2012

Lots of Hangings

I've spent the last two afternoons and most of today finishing up the house as far as I can. Went through and got all my pictures framed and hung up... I think I counted fifteen little nails I had use in order to get them all up throughout the house!

So here's a walk-through:



















Except for getting another bed set up in the other bedroom, finishing the master bedroom and figuring out what we're going to do for a TV someday, it's all done for now. Thank goodness! I can now calmly pack for Florida without digging through anything... and I have that lovely peace that comes when you know that everything is in its place.

Been taking it pretty easy this weekend. Got a take-home salad from Ruby Tuesdays yesterday, and had the remainder for dinner today. Last night I watched The Eagle Has Landed (1976) and tonight it was Adam's Rib (1949) - both from the library, and for the first time. I confirmed my address at the library today with my internet bill, which means I can check out more than one item at once. :) And right after I did that, I headed back to Fort Story to look at and climb the first public works project of the United States... a stone lighthouse built in 1791 at Cape Henry. It was very, very neat!

It feels so good to be comfortably set up (for the first time since joining the Navy). I miss my husband and family like you wouldn't believe, but at least I'm not living out of an ugly dorm room on base, a cubby hole in a stranger's house, or out of the back seat of my car. :) It's been quite a journey so far.

Jw

No comments: