Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Tuesday!

This was much more exciting, and fun too! Got out of class really early since it was the last day. First I finished 1863 with the very moving Gettysburg episode of the Civil War, then watched more Foyle. The head librarian at the Point Loma branch library, Christine, had asked me to come in and work on the branches bookmark template to update it with the new hours for next month (they're going to be open on Mondays now too!). It only took me a couple minutes, since I could fix it in Microsoft Paint. Super simple. Also did a couple of carts of shelving to make it worthwhile coming in.

After that, I headed down Rosecrans to Georgia's Greek Cuisine and had a (late) lunch combo special of salad, kabobs and pita bread and a lasagna-type dish with a side of rice. Finished off with baklava, and didn't have to eat for the rest of the day. Called home for a half-hour (they were going to pick up Zac soon afterwords for some well-deserved leave) and then drove off to La Jolla, where the San Diego Symphony was holding a chamber music concert featuring Brahms's Horn Trio in E-Flat Major, Op. 40, which I simply adored. There was also an octet for clarinet, bassoon, horn & strings by Francaix (never heard of him) and the very lovely Piano Quintet in A Major, D. 667: Trout by Schubert. It was held at the Neurosciences Institute's auditorium. In their quarterly publication Brain Matters, they had articles about research on octopus behavior... which I found very interesting as I waited for the concert to begin.

What a day! Very glad my schedule now turns over to more normal hours. I can sleep an extra two hours in the morning!

Jw

No comments: