Thursday, May 3, 2012

Getting Ready

Wednesday after posting, I watched the first of 1864 and then went out for an early dinner at Pizza Nova, down near the base on Harbor Drive. I had a lovely supreme 10", then realized that I really should watch my portion sizes much better than that. Back at home I started shining my new boots and listened  to the entire 8-part radio series of Dorthy Sayers's "Clouds of Witnesses" from Linda. Thanks Linda!!! It was great fun!

Thursday after class, I had a Chipotle bowl for lunch while I watched an episode of Poirot from the library, then I somehow got into looking up old computer games online. I found the wiki article about Prince of Persia (which we played to no end in the early '90s), and then a free demo of Swamp Gas... and I played Nerdoids for way too long. ;) Unfortunately, they've stopped selling the full version due to operating costs, so I can't play the state capitals or either of the two other arcade games. :(

After wasting all that time I remembered I needed to do my laundry before the day was done, so I started the first load. I started a frenzy of activity, going for a run at liberty station (I ran the first quarter mile in 2 minutes flat!) and finishing up with some sit-ups and push-ups. Cleaned up at the gym on base, and decided it would be a good time to pack up my bicycle (outside the door) and my helmet and pump from my locker as the gym is closing next week for renovation.

Back at home I suddenly had the urge to go through the mess of accumulated papers all over my room and throw out some and organize. When I was done I had gone down many memory lanes of the last year, threw out a stack of useless stuff, organized to my heart's content, and found that it was 9:40pm! I had forgotten about my laundry and dinner. lol! So I called my Darling for a good long talk before he comes tomorrow morning, and then finished up my laundry. Whew!

Jw

No comments: