Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Nothing Doing

Both Sunday and Monday I occupied most of my time by watching episode of The Civil War (1862) and Foyle's War (season 3), along with an interesting film about a couple of young women doing everyday duties in the Israeli Army (Close to Home, 2005). It struck me about how their relationships mirrored my own... deciding when to go with the flow, and when to stand up and do what you're supposed to. Also felt very real. They were supposed to record the movements of all Arabs in their immediate area, and not everyone cooperated. Sometimes it was the girls who slacked off, and other times they ran into troublemakers. It was a neat slice-of-life film about the modern Middle East.

Sunday was sort of strange because we had no small group in the evening... Luke and Christina just had a son Liam born the day before! :) So I think we're taking a break for a couple weeks. Monday night I went out to the Olive Garden again, so I could try the Apricot Chicken dish that someone got at the class party, Saturday. It was oh, so good! I really relaxed, having coffee again with my favorite soup and even marinara sauce for the breadsticks.

Jw

No comments: