Saturday, April 28, 2012

Running All Day

I wasn't hungry enough for breakfast, so I skipped it completely. I left around 8:20 for the Coronado beach clean-up I told the Lt. I'd volunteer at and write about for her. It was rather confusing trying to locate where it was held though. I drove up and down the strand at least three times before I finally decided to get off at the beach state park, even though it was on the ocean side (since the email said it would be the bay side). I soon found a group of people in bright yellow Navy PT shirts... and if it wasn't for them, I would have never found anyone! They were as lost as I was, but we finally ran into the right people after someone made a phone call. The guy I first interviewed for an article was there with his whole group, as well as Sailors from other commands. The Senior Chief I met before interviewing the one guy pointed out the coordinator guy to me and I got his contact. Thankfully! I was worried for a while about getting anything from anyone. There were about 60 people there, and we gathered over 150 lbs of trash on our swath of beach.

I was hungry by the time I was on my way home... around 11:30. Went to the base to clean up, then stopped by Panera Bread for my favorite sierra chicken sandwich and chicken noodle soup. Then I swung by the library for a couple hours. Didn't quite intend to stay that long, but I usually never do. :) I just keep shelving, shelving, shelving. I think I'm a little crazy, I enjoy it so much. I did books this time for the first time in a long while. Was able to help a couple patrons too.

Back at home I watched the first of two 1862 episodes of The Civil War before it was time for the class party. Most everyone came, meeting at the Olive Garden at 4:30. It was a fun time... we awkwardly used our first names with each other; I was sitting between Witte and STG2's wife and across from Hibbard and her boyfriend Matt. I enjoyed lasagna and two bowls of my favorite soup, the Toscana. STG2 was hilarious... he had four bowls of it after I let him know the refills were free. :)

Then eight of us crossed the street and played a game of laser tag. It took a long time to get in, because the place was super crowded, but it was a lot of fun. I was ranked 14th out of 36 players, and managed to blow up the blue base. I was breathing hard, like usual, by the time we were done... I think one game is 15 minutes. But it was 8pm by the time I got back in my car.

Came to chat, but I was too wiped out to stay very long. Good night, world!

Jw

No comments: