Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A Nice Start to the Week

Yesterday I caught up on a few things, including a half-hour conversation with Meg... just catching up. I had talked to Zac (recently back home) on Sunday. Had a quiet dinner in my room, then made it out to see Roman Holiday at the theater up north in Clairemont. What a lovely film! In the spirit of enjoying whims, I stopped at Starbucks afterwards for a tall hot chocolate.

Today I took it rather easy. Didn't feel like doing much at all, besides working at the library for a few hours, of course. I ended up having to pay that dumb parking ticket for not turning my wheels into the sidewalk on the very slight hill we live on. And I watched Horse Soldiers (1959, John Wayne, William Holden) that I picked up at the library. Also started listening to The Great Gatspy in the car. I listened to Hemingway's A Moveable Feast just before the last book, so it's all fresh in my memory. But what was really nice was running across the bit of a special chat log on Facebook... from 1999! It's something to be able to see what my dear friends and Dearest were saying so long ago about something so dear to me. I read the whole thing before going back to class after breakfast. It was like drinking a cup of joy... totally distracted me from the otherwise dreary day. So thank you, Linda. :)

No comments: