Thursday, April 12, 2012

Movies, Movies, Movies!

Wednesday I was worried I wasn't going to be able to make it to the librarian's birthday/retirement party at 11:30... at one point we were told we'd be staying late for a quick walk-through of a lab... but it was recanted. :) I made it there right on time. Some people were waiting for the doors to open, since it was another hour before the library actually opened. So I used the back entrance that was left ajar and had some very good locally made supreme pizza and strawberry cream cake with Mark, Ieda, Pam, and Liz, along with a few others; only one other volunteer, I think. Pam made some wonderful nut-filled brownies, and there were fresh strawberries besides.

I ended up working for an hour, putting away all the audiobooks and youth DVDs. While refiling them, I picked out a set of 1940s Donald Duck cartoons, the first three episodes of The Lone Ranger (1949 - where they set up the story and behave much like a radio show... narration, abrupt endings and a storyline continuing "next week"), Snow White, and a film from 1945... Mildred Pierce, with Joan Crawford and Eve Arden. For the rest of the day, I watched them one after the other, except for Snow White, which I watched this evening.

But Wednesday evening, after sitting down so long, I decided to get in the car and drive after the sunset to Ocean Beach, just a couple miles down the road from the library. It was the street market night, so I parked far away, knowing nothing would be available close by. Took a short jog on the beach before getting a little snack to eat at the market and drank in the beautiful sight. Big clouds out to sea as the sun melted into them.

Jw

No comments: