Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Last Few Days

Sunday, being Duty Day, was taken up almost entirely with the Navy, but for small group in the evening where we had delicious pasta with steak chili or white garlic sauce, decaf coffee (that made me miss my Darling), and some fudge. I had small portions of all of these since my weigh-in was the next morning. Laugh if you will... it made no difference in my passing results. :)

Monday after class (and after a brief nap), I decided to go archery shooting for a little bit to try out my new bow. It has a louder twang than my old one, and the string is a tiny bit thicker (maybe because that's new too), but it works just fine. The range had pictures of animals as targets, and I'm sorry to say I killed a gopher or two, along with a bear. When I got home, I mailed a surprise to Meg from the Free Shelf at the library, then I went for a walk to Tio Carlos for the first time in a long time and had a wonderful feast. Yay! I started Clear and Present Danger when I returned, but only watched the first hour and a half. I was tired, and it was only a bit over half done.

Tuesday after class I had my favorite from Oggi's Pizza, a supreme flatbread, and back at home I finished up the rest of the movie, starting with the famous computer scene where Jack steals Ritter's secret files. Got to love those old computers! I then volunteered an hour at the library (doing only part of the DVDs). Watched the last episode of Foyle's War (season two), then was able to talk to my parents for a good long time before calling my sweetheart.

Today I worked out after class (in my civies!) since our PT was cancelled this morning! That helped my mild sore throat a lot, to sleep in an extra couple hours. Had a couple eggs quickly before rushing off to class at 7am. I again tried to donate blood, but my iron was just a hare shy of the "12.5" mark, whatever that means. Must have been from my strange pre-weigh-in diet. The HM told me I should eat more meat... so I took that as a free license to have a huge meat-full lunch. A burger at Five Guys and a half chicken sandwich at Panera. I was rather hungry!

Straight from there I got on I-8 for a drive out to Christina's house as she, Kristin, Selassie and I watched the BBC version of Prince Caspian and The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. Lots of fun! Then I swung by the library on my way home and ended up spending a good couple hours there with the DVDs, audiobooks, and new books. A grand day, indeed.

Jw

No comments: