Saturday, April 21, 2012

Hello!

New haircut today... just a trim, but it feels good to be lighter. Took off 3 to 4 inches!

Thursday and Friday were mostly spent in bed. It was the first thing I did when I got home each day. Dad called on Friday after I woke up, just to talk for a while. I was very glad he did. He mentioned going through the Psalms on his reading plan and particularly liking #25. So that's what I listened to when I came home for breakfast Friday morning, I listened to 25-30 on my computer. I was very sick and sore all yesterday, due to a head cold and the various workouts I did with my classmates Wed. & Thurs. Feeling pretty miserable, actually. I found great comfort from Psalm 27... "The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" I had recently been feeling intimidated by certain relationships and the unknown future... it was a great boost.


Friday after class (got home pretty early... around 10:30) I slept, watched some Foyle's War, Donald Duck (finished it up today), the movie that Linda shared on chat last week (sort of like Rear Window), and also read the next story in my Beatrix Potter collection: "The Tale of Samuel Whiskers or the Roly-Poly Pudding". Between these, some minesweeper games and another nap or two, Friday soon got over with.


Saturday, today, was much different. I felt improved, enough so that I did all my laundry, volunteered at the library (taking my movies back and picking up Gun Crazy (1949), which I watched when I got home - a film-noir about a good guy gone bad that Michael was thinking about watching), took a hike for 20 minutes at Cabrillo Nat. Mon., took a shower afterwords on base, then got my hair cut at the little place down the street from home. Ate little snacks at home all day... the weigh-in is on Monday!


Jw

No comments: