Sunday, March 25, 2012

Twenty-Nine

Everyone was so nice at church, wishing me a happy birthday. I enjoyed the message on listening to the Spirit's direction about big decisions, and also liked the spaghetti and meatballs for lunch afterwords.

From there I decided to enjoy a hike at Mission Trails State Park. It's only a couple miles down Friars Road from church, so I thought it'd be a good Sunday thing to do. I drove across the park and then back around, just exploring. Then I parked at the visitor's center, bought a patch, studied a map, and then changed into my hiking boots. And good thing! I decided on the steep climber's path (to the base of the climbing rocks). It was a one-mile loop, with a 400 ft. elevation gain. What views! It was difficult to distinguish where the trail continued at two or three places. Once there seemed to be one going up and one going down, so I tried the high road. :) It quickly got too steep, and seemed to go straight up... so I went back down and around.

On the way back home I went to Fry's Electronics and picked up the ESD grounding strap that STG1 suggested we get for ourselves. And then I stopped in Old Town at my favorite burger place for a late lunch. Back home, I watched my Darling's sermon from last week online, and then it was time for small group... where we had a special salmon dinner for my birthday, and watched the first half of Fiddler on the Roof. Mom & Dad called, sang me Happy Birthday, and we talked for a moment. :)

Jw

No comments: