Saturday, March 24, 2012

Taking it Easy.

Yesterday I was so lazy... played so much minesweeper I got stiff fingers. :)

Made a wonderful breakfast, starting with pancakes for the first time, and then an imitation of what I had at The Broken Yolk the other day... an omelet with leftover sausage & mushroom, avocado, and cheese. Wow! It was good.

I checked with Performance Archery over the phone to make sure my order of arrows was done, and it was. In order to make that drive worth my while, I went to the Birch Aquarium after I picked it up. It's on the same street, just away from Miramar and towards the coast in La Jolla. I hadn't been since my trip in 2009, so it was very fun. I forgot about their fabulous seahorse exhibits... and then their Pacific coast walk-through. It was great! Took lots of pictures on my phone. :)

And since I was in the area, I looked up to see if anything nearby was playing The Artist... and there was a Landmark Theater, not 5 minutes from the aquarium! Missed the first couple minutes of the opening silent movie in a silent movie, but I enjoyed it as much as ever. What a touching little story... I can't help but have moist eyes at the end. :)

Made myself some macaroni and cheese with a can of crabmeat mixed in. Yummy, and unusual! Watched some more Tintin as I ate, then played more minesweeper. Because of all that time spent, I've fasted from it today. :)

Today I had some amazing scrambled eggs, with avocado, spam, green pepper and cheese. Oh, my goodness! So good! Did some housekeeping... cleaned up my room and washed a load of laundry. Then I thought it would be neat to go shoot archery with my new arrows... a half dozen brand new, and four of the surviving originals with brand new fletches! And I think the later flew the best of all! I didn't bother with the first range until the end. Walked around the trails below it and let fly several rounds at three different targets for a little over a half-hour.

Put the equipment back in the car, then had a little lunch at the Museum of Art Cafe... a huge bowl of Pears & Pecan Salad, and then a lemon bar for a treat. Then I took a moment and enjoyed the botanical garden building and the pond outside. Kids were feeding the koi, and a pair of ducks were bathing as a turtle swam around them.

Just woke from a couple hour nap! So for now, I think I'll watch a movie... maybe one from my Darling. Got lovely birthday cards from him, my parents, and my pastor today. :)

No comments: