Thursday, March 22, 2012

Here's Looking At You Guys...

Yesterday's 70th Anniversary showing (2pm matinee, at Mission Valley Mall):










It was so good... I didn't even think of WENN enough to laugh: that I did along with everyone else at Claude Rains. I wanted to cry, it was so beautiful. It had been quite a while since I had seen it, and it was fabulous to see it so big. The waitress at Ruby Tuesday (just outside the theater beforehand) asked if I was seeing a film, and when I told her, she asked if it was a re-make! Yikes! When I told her about it, she said she'd like to bring her daughter to the 7pm showing. Thanks to my Darling for letting me know about it! :) This has been my third TCM special now, following The Wizard of Oz in 2009, and West Side Story last year.

And since I had just seen this the day before at the Gaslamp theater:












it was sort of a reunion:










My, was Claude Rains good... at acting! What a swell double-bill!

Since I was at the matinee, I still had time for a nap when I got back home, and ended up dreaming very vividly about some sort of thriller. I think I might have been reading and watching too many mystery stories lately. :) Had some Pad Thai for dinner at Noodles & Co., and that was about it for the day.

Today, however, after doing absolutely nothing in class (besides reading a couple chapters in The Sand Pebbles), I watched A Letter to Three Wives (interestingly, on the 22nd, like we did on the last day of our honeymoon, six months ago today) so I could fill in the blank parts that I fell asleep during the last time. Oh, what a lovely film! And what a beautiful ending! So incredibly touching! When I went out the door to drop it off back at the library (and volunteer for a while), I stepped on a small Amazon box (thankfully, Amazon boxes are well padded, so everything's just fine). I hadn't remembered ordering anything... and sure enough, it was a birthday present from Michael! Season 2 of the Tintin TV series, and the feature film we saw together this last Christmas. :) Thank you, Darling! I'd call that perfect timing.

Otherwise, I went shopping at Target and brought home some delicious Italian sausage, mushrooms and pasta sauce for a wonderful spaghetti dinner as I watched some Tintin. :)

Jw

No comments: