Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Terrible Tuesdays... Welcome Wednesdays

It started with the test... it was tough. But then there was the lab afterwords; I was crying angry tears by the time I got to my car in overflow parking. I wrote all about it to vent, ate some snacks, then watched the last library movie that was due the next day: the ridiculous "Charge of the Light Brigade" (1936, E.F. & O.DH.)... which practically claims that cavalry charging cannon was the correct (and good) thing to do. To top it off, my cycle had started that morning. What timing.

But the Lord held me in his hands. I was comforted with His goodness and His promises... and I was able to take an hour's rest in sleep... which did wonders. Had a bowl of Pad Thai at Noodles & Co., then returned Errol & Co. while I stopped by the library to volunteer the last couple hours.

Wednesday was much better, but I was still not feeling my best. I tried out a film I picked up the previous night, 8 Women (2002, French). Let's just say I judged the book by its cover and missed. It was awful. Way too staged, with cardboard characters, ridiculous jarring songs, and nearly ever sin known to man, paraded neatly by. Thankfully, I immediately stuck in Holy Matrimony (1942, Monty Woolley) and was pleasantly entertained! What a hoot! and touching too. But it had a reviewer I trust completely... my Darling gave it to me this last time we were together.

I finally felt much better after this and went out shopping at Vons and Trader Joe's for necessities... then had a marvelous low-cal dinner at Sammy's Wood-fired Pizza... a succulent salmon on top of a bed of frisee, cucumber, endamame beans, and a ponzu sauce. Glad I tried it, even though I didn't know what three of those ingredients were... lol... it was very good!

Dropped off the groceries, then went to the library again. Did a cart of audiobooks and odd-sized video, and found a few more films for tomorrow.

Jw

No comments: