Saturday, February 25, 2012

Thursday & Friday

I had finally managed to get the wedding thank-yous out to my extended family on Tuesday. Included a copy of the pictures that Michael burned for me, so I guess that's why it had to take so long. And yesterday I finally managed to find my tax stuff to send to Michael, so his sister Connie can figure out how to get our best interests in our returns, filing jointly!

Thursday after class I deposited the check at Liberty Station, then after changing at home, headed out for a bit of shopping. Due to my stepping on the weight scale before PT that morning, I was food-conscious. Only had a cucumber and tomato salad at Noodles & Co., then moved the car and walked the rest of the way to Target. Picked up more salad ingredients and some cleaning supplies for whenever I want to clean the bathroom. But on the way I stopped in at Payless Shoes and found a very nice pair of slip-on, black Champion athletic shoes.

Back at home I watched a film from the library, The Motorcycle Diaries, about the young Che from Argentina, and the 10,000+ mile trip he took with his friend across South America in 1952... all their adventures, and the leprosy hospital they volunteered at in Peru. I was surprised to learn that there is a difference of opinion about his death. At the end, the film claimed he was assassinated, but both articles I read clearly say he was executed. Yes the CIA was involved, but through a Cuban, and by the Bolivian Army. Stupid Robert Redford. :) Anyway, I had known nothing about the guy beforehand, but now I do. Loved the movie itself... like traveling the continent in 2 hours!

Then I decided to return to base for a second workout that day for some more PRT practice. After that I went out to Panera Bread:
...and boy, was that good! Still on a healthy tear, I stopped by Trader Joe's for some more hummus and ended up with lots of veggies... enough for my own tomato & cucumber salads, as well as baby zucchini (my favorite), and more Brussels sprouts (I had just finished my previous bag). Read a bit more in Big Red, as I don't have time to now in class. I was so tired I fell asleep waiting for my phone to charge, and didn't talk to my Darling until he called!

Friday, I watched another Tintin (The Blue Lotus), ate snacks for lunch, went to the base and post office, then returned for a couple-hour nap before having tortilla soup and Florentine ravioli for dinner and going to my church/small group friend's band concert at the Nazarene University again for a fun, little one-hour performance.

Jw

No comments: