Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Sweet Valentine's

It ended up being Chipotle again, after I had changed out of my uniform. I simply love their stuff... I then kept driving past the house and went to the library for a couple hours. Refiled a pile of VHS and children's video... and found a couple things that I wanted to see. While there, I received a mysterious phone call... from a singing service that Michael hired to serenade me with "Let Me Call You Sweetheart" and "It Had to Be You". So very sweet! Chatted with librarian Christine in the break room afterwords, as Ida offered me some of her chocolate-dipped strawberries she had brought. :)

When I got home, a tall vase with daffodils, red roses & carnations, and mostly unopened star tulips, was waiting on the counter. I feel very loved! :)

I spent a little while on my German lessons (from Rosetta Stone), even branching out to play some of the games, before heading off to Old Town for some chicken enchilada dinner. From there I caught the trolley to 5th Avenue, and walked a couple blocks to Symphony Hall for Sergei Radchenko's Moscow Festival Ballet performance of Tchaikovsky's Sleeping Beauty (choreography by Petipa). My gosh! It was so beautiful! So many colors, and so much athleticism. It is no secret that Sleeping Beauty was my favorite Disney cartoon as a child... and this delightful adaptation was all new to me. I loved the Lilac Fairy, and her nine accompanying fairies, as well as the evil, prancing Maleficent and her gang of four monsters. And my, could the Prince leap in the air. The lady sitting next to me sighed each time he touched down. lol

It started at 7:30, and with one intermission, ended close to 10:00. Thankfully, I didn't need to stand out in the brisk cold for longer than two minutes, waiting for the Blue Line trolley. It rolled right in and I was soon back home.

No comments: