Monday, February 13, 2012

Suddenly Active

Coming home from school today I was just a bit frazzled. I was very tired... mostly physically tired, but also tired of the power-points and the people. We've just started our sixth week, and we've got ten more to go after that. Yay.

So after snacking on some lunch, I watched the first DVD of astronomy (creation/evolution debate) about the planets that my parents sent me. Lots of interesting facts about the planets and their moons... and how all evolutionary theories about origins (requiring billions of years) come up hallow when looking at the conditions of the solar system. Biggest problems lie in planet's magnetism, young appearance, presence of certain substances and physical attributes. It went over facts about each planet and all the main moons... and wow, what pictures. One of the things I love most about the solar system is the total solar eclipse. How our moon would be positioned perfectly to block out the sun, just so we could see and study the sun's corona. Think for a moment about the chances of that happening without planning. Talk about a witness in the sky! It felt wonderful to think about something other than myself and my own situation for a while.

Then I took a three-hour nap. Boy, do I feel better... and I hope I can sleep again tonight. When I got up, my brand new German lessons from Rosetta Stone had arrived. So I set it up and did the first lesson. While loading, I read more in Starship Troopers, finishing a chapter (it's right when he makes it "over the hump" in boot camp - a meaningful moment). And I listened to the entire book of Romans while blogging about the weekend (that I'd been too tired to worry about before).

So, gosh... I'm feeling much better. And I opened that sweet Jacquie Lawson valentine from my Darling... Friday can't come fast enough.

Jw

No comments: