Sunday, February 12, 2012

Duty Weekend...

Friday: left some papers on base after duty section muster, so I returned, took care of them, then had a wonderful late afternoon workout: running for 15 (taking two breaks so the knee wouldn't hurt), then core as well. Watched "Libeled Lady (1936, Loy/Powell) again for lots of laughs. It's one of my favorites!

Saturday: woke for muster, fell back asleep, woke and finished Stormy, Misty's Foal; returned a found military ID to base, and rode my bike a while, returned, finishing the audiobook Sounder, made dinner, finishing up old hamburger and salad. Watched the documentary about Jim Braddock's real story that I picked up at Half Price at home for $2. Chatted, and then had watch at 2:30 to 4:30, reading Starship Troopers.

Sunday: slept in, washed all my dishes, saw "The Recommendation" at The Old Globe. Revisited Fashion Valley Mall, had dinner at The Corner Bakery Cafe, then small group study at the Jacobs.

Jw

4 comments:

Linda said...

How are you enjoying Marguerite Henry? I loved all her books and read as many as were in the school library. First thing I did when I went to work was buy all the Trixie Belden books and Marguerite Henry novels that my folks couldn't afford over the years. By then Trixie was in a cheap Whitman edition ($1.25 each) and the most popular Henrys had been reprinted in trade paperback. Later I collected the non-trades one by one, like ALBUM OF HORSES (oh, those lovely Wesley Dennis illustrations!), THE ILLUSTRATED MARGUERITE HENRY...even the out-of-prints like BENJAMIN WEST AND HIS CAT GRIMALKIN and CINNIBAR: THE ONE O'CLOCK FOX. Still need to get my hands on ALWAYS REDDY!

niferjen said...

I'm loving them! I think the original Misty book was my favorite, but I love the continuing story, and the fact that these things happened to real people.

Linda said...

After I posted, I realized I hadn't looked for Always Reddy in a while; I looked on Amazon Marketplace and there was a copy for $5.50 including postage! I also found A Pictorial History of Misty for $6 with postage!

niferjen said...

A Pictorial History of Misty sounds awesome!