Saturday, January 7, 2012

Over to Coronado

Stayed in bed until a very pleasant 9:30... but I was waking up for the last hour or so. Had a pot of oatmeal for breakfast, fiddled with pictures for a while, then decided to go exploring Coronado on my bike. My house-mate Emily was making pancakes when I was on my way out, and she gave me one! Mixed with banana, it was so good... just a mix from Vons, mixed with banana.

Drove to base, got on the bike, rode pretty fast to downtown and had to wait a bit for the 4pm ferry. Wandered around Coronado, looked at shops, cut across the island, then explored around the Hotel del Coronado. Took lots of pics (that I just loaded on FB) and then returned. Good thing I have lights on my bike!

Looked at the map on my laptop back at home and realized how to avoid all the traffic... the trail goes along the shoreline! duh! But I'm glad I wandered around Orange Ave... I got a little starfish and coin purse at a little shell shop, had chicken noodle soup at Panera Bread on the way back, scoped out the place for another visit, bought some cherry yogurt at Vons, finally got to look at the famous hotel and heard "Dream a Little Dream of Me" playing at the creamery "Mootime". Very successful, I'd say.

But all this music and boating makes me miss my Michael. :(
Soon, dear.
Jw

No comments: