Thursday, January 12, 2012

Before the Weekend

Today after class, the sun was shining so brilliantly that I thought it would be good to visit Ocean Beach for a few hours. It's only a 10-minute drive to the coast from my house, so it wasn't a big deal. Took my little folding stool and some note cards & pen and soaked up the afternoon sun while I transferred some verses to a flip - card set so I can work on them easier sometime. Returned to my car to warm up for a while out of the stiff breeze from the ocean, then took off walking a few blocks south to downtown Ocean Beach where I had my first experience with Hodad's (since 1969). Had a chocolate shake (that came with a scoop of ice cream) and a very big burger... a 1/2 lb. with lots of veggies! Even more than I could fit in my mouth at once. Very good! Enjoyed it much.


It was dark when I walked back, but it was only 6pm-ish. Finished up listening to "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People" and returned that to the library on my way home. Interesting at times, but also pretty cliched. Back at home I watched an awesome documentary on the Wright Brothers called "Kitty Hawk"... with Niel Armstrong and John Glenn playing the voices of the brothers when they read their correspondence. There were lots of neat pictures taken by the Wrights themselves and obviously, people with them, as well as footage from flight demonstrations in Europe and America in 1908. How impressive! After talking to Michael, I quickly packed my bag for tomorrow's trip and finally got to bed.

Jw

No comments: