Sunday, August 28, 2011

A Sunday To Remember

Well, I woke up very early... 5:15 to be exact. It's because of that 4 hour nap...

I was hungry, so I decided to go have my usual at Denny's. Except I had yogurt instead of sausage, along with the eggs, toast & oatmeal (unfortunately, they were out of brown sugar, so I used regular sugar). I slept a bit more when I got back to my room, woke up before it was time to go to church, so I started sewing the NAVY patch onto my new coveralls.

Church was wonderful: the pastor was back, he gave a good little sermon about the woman at the well, and then there was a massive feast of spaghetti, pizza, salad & garlic bread afterwords. Apparently, they have a big spread once every few months. I got to visit with a few ladies before I headed back to base.

Finished the NAVY patch, then went volunteering for 3 hours at the library, only doing videos and audio books. From there I had some Chinese for an early dinner, and then went to try and get tickets for Breakfast at Tiffany's at the outdoor theater. But they were sold out... Still in the mood for a movie, I decided to check out Hillcrest Cinemas (where my parents and I saw Jane Eyre) for anything interesting. Midnight in Paris sounded good, but it didn't start for another hour. I went exploring, and found 5th Ave Books... a great used book store that I had noticed while getting to the cinema. It was so organized! And what selection! I used my entire hour there... found a book called Swamp Fox about Gen. Francis Marion, and another book about Narnia... "A Field Guide to Narnia", published in England, and very interesting.

Goodness, the movie was fun! The latest from Woody Allen, and the first movie I really liked Owen Wilson in. :) It was all about nostalgia... a modern-day writer who was in love with the 1920's. It had good things to say about people like that, and was fun to watch. Half-way through I guessed all the plot lines, but that didn't bother me very much at all. The movie opened with a few minutes of classic jazz music and scenes of Paris; I thought, "I'm gonna love this movie." And I did.

The popcorn and lemonade were very good too. :)

Jp

No comments: