Saturday, August 27, 2011

Evenings This Week

Wednesday, 24th: Duty Day... talked to Andrea Hawkins for a half-hour!!! Wow! And then I finished writing the the thank-you cards for the shower, shined my boots, and something else... too long ago.

Thursday, 25th: went out to Rosecrans to visit "Point Loma Books". Got Winne the Pooh, to read during dinner, and a very nice copy of Virgil's works. Tons of books in there; I'll have to go back, since I didn't get much time before it closed. Had dinner at Miguel's Mexican on Scott Street... I had pollo asado, and liked it better than the same dish at Santa Fe, our favorite back home. Decided I'd like some ice cream, so I stopped in at Cold Stone in Liberty Station for a small of half strawberry, half chocolate cake mix (so thick and good!). From there I thought I'd stop off along the waterway... gosh, was it beautiful! I missed not having a camera! Clouds towered up behind the low-lying, long arched bridge (Harbor Dr.), nearly in a pyramid. The inlet was light turquoise on the ripples and lavender on the calmer parts. The top of the pyramid was lit up with the golden, evening sun, and was reflected in the water. sigh.

Friday, 26th: When I finally got let go from the base, I headed out for dinner. Couldn't stand five more minutes in the galley. I had Georgia's Greek Cuisine, except I tried their chicken & rice soup, and a small Greek salad as well as the gyro sandwich. When I got back to base, the sunset had ignited the western sky, so I decided to drive out to Ocean Beach to watch it go down. Got there just at the end of it, but got a front row seat. Sat in my car and saw the sun melt into the ocean... a few silhouettes of surfers, lovers, and visitors made it particularly nice to look at. Stopped at Stump's Market on the way home; picked up wheat bread and baloney for snacks. I was also able to finish all my laundry... so that was nice.

No comments: