Sunday, July 10, 2011

More Liberty in the Library

Saturday was a late sleep-in, even though I woke a couple times. From 7 to 10:20 I felt as if I was almost awake... but when I really did wake up I was so refreshed.

Snack in the room, then I took care of an errand at the Post Office. Went straight to the library, re-shelved the popular new items, then the mound of graphic novels, and finally mysteries. They're a bit behind somehow... practically overflowing. I went back today after church (and brunch at Denny's in Mission Valley) and did all the general fiction... almost three full carts worth in 2.5 hours, just like Saturday. I guess I enjoy spending my liberty this way. I feel useful and peaceful when working quickly and quietly.

Yesterday after the library I went on a mini shopping trip to CVS and Home Depot for useful things. Had dinner at Carl's Jr, and drove through the car wash nearby. Decided a bit later to go to the NEX as well for an iced tea and a couple other things. Finally bought the Naval Base Point Loma ball cap, so I don't have to look like I'm just out of boot with my NAVY one. :) Also, for the first time, I rented Megamind at the Redbox. Been interested for a while since Meg thought it was so funny and good that she bought it. It was hysterical! Definitely worth the buck it cost to rent. :)

I've started loading things on to the Kobo eReader that Linda and James sent me. During chat I put on the stuff they sent on CD, as well as 4 or 5 books I found online. This afternoon I did a little more searching and ended up with 36 more... including all of the Scarlet Pimpernel series, some George MacDonald (because he was C. S. Lewis's favorite), and a few others, even reaching into the world of non-fiction, . Goodness! I'll never be without something good to read!

Jp

No comments: