Friday, July 15, 2011

A Little Too Much, or Something

After a snack in my room (after work) I headed out to the library again. Don't misunderstand... I enjoyed it. I did the audio... and that took an hour and a half. I started working on organizing the dvd's, and I was still putting them in order when it was time to go. I guess I felt silly, wanting to stay longer than the open hours. That one lady who always comes off condescendingly... she was back at it again. Always telling me to slow down, like she's worried I'll steal her job (even when things are overflowing). And the way she speaks to me, she must think I'm a teenager or something.

I had a lovely dinner afterwords though... the Chinese place that I couldn't find when Mike was here (called Pick Up Stix). It was great... I had the kid's meal (just the right size!) of crunchy lemon chicken, brown rice, a cream cheese wanton, and then a bowl of won ton soup. It was so good! I checked out the grocery store in the same lot and came out with a new pair of sunglasses. :) While I was wandering around looking at everything, "Dream a Little Dream of Me" played in the background, and I missed Mike even more.

In the car back on base, I refreshed for a while listening to an old CD I made of random songs I liked about ten years ago. It helped me get my emotions from the week out and get my mind back on the Lord...

Choose Life, by Big Tent Revival
Say, Won't You Say, by Jennifer Knapp
Where You Are, by FFH
Breathe, by Sixpence None the Richer
Lovely Day, by Out of Eden
Gone, by Switchfoot
Thrive, by Newsboys
True North, by Twila Paris
Magnificent Obsession, by Steven Curtis Chapman
God of Wonders, by Mac Powell (of Third Day)
Blue Skies, by Point of Grace
A Little More, by Jennifer Knapp
Belly of a Whale, by Newsboys (for a Veggie Tales movie)
and finally, This Road, by Jars of Clay...
which was some kind of a theme song for me when I went through a rocky time in 2006. Gosh, was it good to sit, listen and sing again.

Jp

No comments: