Sunday, March 27, 2011

Watchstander's Liberty

It was my duty day today! So that meant getting up just before 7ish to call in to the Quarterdeck and "check in" for muster. Gosh, I love Phase III privileges! I had no watch assigned, so the day was my own from then on.
~
Since I was up so early and moving around, I thought it would be a shame to try and sleep away the sunlight. So after deliberating with myself for a few minutes, I decided to get my laptop and listen to a sermon online. Very refreshing! And the signal loaded the video just fine since I was the only one using the Internet that early on a Sunday morning. :)
~
Next, I took myself to Denny's, enjoyed my regular OJ, pancakes & eggs, except this time I had yogurt and an English muffin to accompany them. Much lighter than getting the meat... :) I just had time by that time to walk up the hill for church.
~
More refreshment of the spirit... sermon on God's peace. And I'm continuing to love the music! They did a few things I'm not used to though... all the focus on Lent, and a baby baptism. After the service I hung out in the courtyard to finish reading my library book "Mrs. 'Arris Goes to Paris" (very cute book... 1958) and the lady who greeted me at the door earlier passed by and invited me to a group meeting on Fridays. Might be just what I need!
~
Worked at the library (they continually need help re-filing the many dvds), ate chow at the galley for dinner... very regular. Then back in my room I ate some of my mom's apple pie she sent me for my birthday and watched the end of "The Bride Came C.O.D." with Bette Davis and James Cagney, and then "The Lady Eve" with Barbara Stanwyck and Henry Fonda, both from 1941. ' A particularly fun day. Very refreshing! Jp

No comments: