Sunday, February 20, 2011

Deja Vu

My roommate Wilson from bootcamp just got a car. Today she was going to check out The Anchor Church a few miles south of here via the freeway. I was glad I went with, if only to spend time with her for the first time. Had a little breakfast sandwich on the way, and I helped her navigate. I think she got a car that is very, if not exactly, like the first car I rented on the way to Owensboro! :)

This was a Pentecostal church... they didn't do everything as ridiculous as I've heard some do... but they did enough. I'm feeling very alone, spiritually, and I'm praying the Lord will bring me into a solid group of believers somehow, somewhere. I knew I was well taken care of in Great Lakes when I was there... with Robert & Julie and with the small group on base... and I really miss that aspect of it.

Spent another two hours at the library today! That was so nice! And Wilson dropped me off there after we changed clothes from church. She came in to look around and is now planning on getting a library card. :) Only found one book between the shelves today... but as I was shelving in the Young Adults fiction today, I came across "Jane Eyre", which I've always wanted to sit down with. So after I was done working, I got my own library card and checked it out. :)

Had a one-serving sized lasagna that I got a while ago from the NEX for dinner, along with some delicious, frozen, girl scout thin mints. I missed the galley tonight because I was too busy reading about poor Jane. But I didn't need much. I had a bagel and a bagel BLT at a mom & pop restaurant across from the library for a late lunch.

Jp

No comments: