Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Welcome Home

I woke up to receive Mike's call that he made his connection alright, and he did, although he said the first leg of the trip from OKC to Denver was on one of those tiny planes and it was even bouncier than he remembered. The longer flight to Seattle turned out being nice and smooth on a big one though.

My friends from Aerojet were going out to celebrate a birthday in the group and invited me to join them when I talked about visiting. So Mike and I went directly to Coho Cafe in Redmond for a fun lunch and meeting my friends. It was so great to see them again and to go out like we used to! I talked a lot about boot camp and enjoyed my usual chicken tacos and seafood bisque. And after this we all went to Aerojet to say hello to more friends, show off my uniforms, and show Mike where I spent the most of my last four years. Because of all the people we ran into and chatted with, it took much longer than I thought! Lunch was at 11:30 and we didn't get home until 2:45 or 3:00.

And when we did, we were exhausted! Mike met Andie and Nathan and my niece Beckie and nephew Micah... and Spiffy! That was the fastest he's warmed up to any stranger in a long time! The cookies and games helped a good deal, but he even let him pet his head! We napped in the living room between playing with the dog and visiting with people. Mom made beef stroganoff for dinner and later on we watched a movie from Netflix.

What a day!
Jp

No comments: