Monday, December 20, 2010

Holiday!

I'm loving being home! I've kept myself pretty busy these first days, straightening my room, going through the piles of mail, putting Christmas lights up (Saturday), having a wonderful time at lunch and at home with my good friend Julie (Sunday), and helping Mom with cookies (today). I've slept like a log each night and re-learned driving on the freeway... timidly going under the speed limit (argh! what's happened to me?!) lol! I've had wonderful breakfasts (that I dreamed of at school) and games of backgammon with Dad. Today I watched 'Miracle on 34th Street' for the first time... which was great!

I think going back will be hard... but the dvd of the Boot Camp graduation ceremony came in the mail this afternoon, so we watched that. It was strange to remember how that felt to be there, especially since everyone at school despises even thinking of Boot Camp (and often act like they didn't go). But it made me very proud again of what I'm doing, so hopefully it won't kill me on December 29th.

Jp

No comments: