Friday, December 3, 2010

And Another Wild Day

Between "Series-Parallel Circuits" and my leave business, it was another day for running around. Right after class (when my head was just about as full as it could be) I came back to my barracks to find that yes, in fact, I did need to get approval signatures from people at school (I still don't understand why, since the leave is during the stand-down ... aka, no classes).

This business has been driving me up the wall all week. First they say "go get a signature". I try. The other people say I don't need it. The first people again say I do. The next day the other people say: "This is wrong; start over" (leave on a different day). So I fix that and the first people say fine. But now I need the stupid signatures again, and the second people left early for the weekend. Everything will be fine, but I hate having something like that waiting for something so silly for so long. Maaaaaaaah!

So to calm down I thought about planning a fun day in Chicago for next Saturday if I get Phase 2 liberty (being able to stay out past 9pm). It would entail a trip to the Aquarium, Planetarium and Symphony... the things I care about seeing the most. We'll see if it works. The very idea put me in a more positive mood. :)

And then I caught up some more in class, plunging ahead into advanced DC circuits. Two more hours, two more lessons. :)

Whew! Am I glad it is the weekend!

Jp

1 comment:

Linda said...

We have friends who go to Chicago at least once a year to see the art museums. If you get another free day before you ship out to San Diego you might try one of those. I hear they are marvelous. I hear the Christmas tree at the downtown Macy's (used to be Marshall Field) is amazing, too.