Saturday, December 4, 2010

Back in Order

Even though staying up late on the phone again after a very tiring week, I'm doing great at the moment. Slept in til 0815, with muster at 0845. Then went right back to sleep after having breakfast with my roommate at the Galley (the freshly made omelet was outstanding). Three more hours... I felt like a lazy bum, getting out of bed at 1pm! - But I was a happy, lazy bum. :)

After that I took a long, relaxing shower, then did all my laundry and shined my boots. I checked all my email, and straightened my stuff. Had chow by myself and got a couple things at the NEX in my allotted hour outside the building. For duty tonight I swabbed the passageway outside my room... and I'll have watch after chat.

Today's been terribly relaxing and nice... watched the snow fall out the window... people made a 12-foot snowman on the football field (I can see it from my window), and a giant igloo on the smoking deck between the three barracks here. And across from that was a snowman with stones arranged in a Navy neckerchief and a sad face. One of his stick arms was crooked in order to make him salute. LOL

What I really loved was walking around at night with the lights casting tree shadows on the blankets of untouched snow and the white-covered trees standing out against our pitch-black sky. Felt like a real winter-wonderland.

Jp

(photo from Facebook... those stones down lower are representing the 13 buttons on a male's dress blue uniform pants. LOL

2 comments:

Linda said...

Are they actual working buttons or just ornamental?

niferjen said...

working buttons! too bad for them when they can't hold it... :)