Thursday, August 26, 2010

First Day Back

Unbelievably, I woke up at 7:30, so I fell back asleep and dreamed of waking up early. By 9 am, I was ready to wake up for real.

All morning long I busied myself by unpacking bags and putting things away. Between a home-cooked breakfast and sweeping the kitchen, this went pretty quickly. Had to open a lot of junk mail and find the four or five pieces out of more than a dozen that mattered, one being the "On the Air" episode from Rodney... "Thanks Rodney! Will try it out tomorrow!"

Since Mom was going up to Everett to visit my oldest sister today, I thought it'd be cool to carpool and then keep going north to the Navy base to use the pool. I've tried twice on weekends, and it has always been closed, but today I made it. Walked through the pouring rain to get to the "Commons" and found the fitness center. Ended up swimming two 500 yard distances in the 25 yd (eight lane) pool. First one in 12 minutes, second in roughly 11. Felt really good when I was done.

I laid down for a nap upon getting back around 4:30. Just leftovers for dinner, and then I fell to working on publishing the trip pictures. Took the dog for a walk... the first one for both of us in a long time. He was a happy little puppy. :) Had to wear a sweatshirt, it was getting so cold though. It was beautifully overcast the entire day. What a relief!

Jp

No comments: