Monday, August 30, 2010

Updating

I've been busy as heck these last few days... busy having way too much fun.

And I suppose the Navy had some role in keeping me occupied on Friday (I passed the IFA - click the icon) and today with just a regular workout and some more Navy knowledge review with my recruiter.

But right after I got home from the Navy on Friday, my sister Andrea was over because they were having Mom & Dad look after the kids while they went to the Mariner game on free tickets from Nathan's work. She immediately asked if I wanted to come too, since they had an extra ticket. "Sure!" So I had a second free game to the Mariners this month! :) We took the bus from the Kingsgate P&R. I hadn't eaten much all day, so by the time we got in our right field seats I glommed down everything I brought with. After the National Anthem, I got Ivar's clam chowder in a sourdough bread bowl, and that took care of it.

The game itself did not go as well as the last. We lost 6-3, but we were playing the Twins, who are one of the best teams. Ichiro had a triple and ended up scoring, so that was neat. It was an awfully late night, but we had a fun time together.

Saturday I slept in, and then busied myself by organizing all my dvd's. This will help me (and my family) make sense of them when we want to watch one. I made a salad for dinner and watched one during chat.

Yesterday, Sunday the 29th, I spent with my friend Becky. I visited her church with her and then we took off for an excursion to North West Trek, an outdoor wildlife park an hour-and-a-half south of here. It's partly like a zoo in a woods, and then mostly an hour-long, open-air tram ride through five miles of wilderness. We saw caribou right away, deer, bighorn sheep, mountain goats, a herd of a dozen bison lazing away on a grassy plain, a bull moose! right outside my window about 10 feet away, and a little herd of bachelor elk sitting by a small lake. At one pond, we saw a mommy raccoon with three babies getting their paws wet.

In the zoo part, I especially loved the river otters and the beavers, since they were very active, putting on a show. And of course, because they were so cute.

Becky and I had a Mexican buffet for lunch and after the park went for a drive and a little walk in the park along Lake Washington in Renton. On the way back we stopped by Denny's for dinner. A perfect day, really!

Jp

No comments: