Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sleepy Sunday

I was up between 8:30 and 9:00 this morning... just long enough to eat a couple scrambled eggs with cheese and take some pain pills for that time of the month. Went to bed again, and stayed in even when the family came over for an excursion to drop leftover wedding food at our friend's house (and to see the horses). I needed to stay put. I even slept and dreamed at least two separate dreams before I was alright to walk around at half past noon. Yesterday completely wiped me out. I picked up my room, washed my hair, cleaned the kitchen and browsed through the wedding pictures before everyone returned.

When they did, we had some lunch, then my Aunt Vicki and I took the dog for a walk on our circuit around and through the park. She'd never seen it before and it was a lovely day... 70's and bright sunny weather. Upon returning from that, she wanted to go get a sweatshirt for our boat ride tomorrow (preferably one that she could only get here). We went to Bellevue Square, and after a little searching found the perfect one.

And tonight we all went out to Outback as a farewell to my brother who takes off very early tomorrow morning. Had a very yummy steak with shrimp and veggies, and a sip of my brother's Coke & rum. It was the first Coke I enjoyed... no carbonation... and the little bit of rum tasted very good. It was a lovely day with the family... once I woke up. :O

Jp

2 comments:

Michael said...

Once again, I am reminded of a song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWY4_GyLufI

Linda said...

All right, seaman recruit! You've had your rest; how about at least one photo of the bride and groom? :-)