Saturday, July 17, 2010

Congratulations! Sister & Brother in Law!

I knew I could, I knew I could! It went wonderfully, and I think I remember seeing enough pictures that turned out well... I haven't browsed through the 780 pictures from today yet, but I think a good number will be alright. :)

Meg and Jason got hitched without a hang-up... it was cloudy for the pictures in the park, which made it much easier for me (no big shadows or hard light). Things got going a little late, but we had enough time at the end. I drove Meg to and from the park, and I also got to do all the shots I had planned. Being the photographer, you get around, so I saw a lot of her today! The wedding itself was lovely. Not too long, and simply laid out. They had the traditional "I do" set of questions and read vows they wrote out as well. The Dad's were invited on stage to say a blessing and a prayer over them (which I thought was very sweet) and Meg's best friend's husband performed the ceremony.

There were so many people that I hadn't seen forever, Max and Madeline from our old church, and Meg's and my boss from our community college (we worked in the warehouse); I invited him to sit with me at the reception and we did a lot of catching up. Lots to talk about: he is into underwater photography and he served eight years in the Navy during Vietnam. :)

I am very worn out from all the running around I've done today. And I'm very relieved that it went so well. The Fun Couple (now the Married FC) is off on a ten-day honeymoon to the Washington Coast. And we here at home are now relaxing as well. :)

Jp

No comments: