Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Runnin' & Draggin'

Oooh. The shoulders are sore from the Navy yesterday. And my feet have hurt all day long. :) And I took a 2+ hour nap... and I'm tired! What did I do today? Well, last night Zac said he wanted to run at 5:30 (am) this morning and would I like to join him? Sure!!! So I woke up at 5am, got out of bed at 5:17, got ready to go, woke him up (he was up super late), went for a quick 1/4 mile jog, came back got water, then we went outside. And we did 3 miles. Gosh! I did a lot better than I did for the Bellevue 5K a couple months back. It sure helped to have him there with me, giving my pointers and talking about the Marines. Very neat. And I went *a lot* further than I would have on my own. Heck, I even made sure we did the full 3. I'm a different person than I was a couple months ago. Zac says it's much easier to run here than it is in the desert heat. Gee, it's great to see him.

After a shower and some breakfast and sitting and chatting, Mom and Meg gave the dog a spa day. Trimmed nails and bath time. I took him for a little walk between those two awful things. :) And then I took myself on a walk to the drug store, grocery and bank (brother borrowed my car and it was a gorgeous day). So I did errands, and back home I fell on my bed for a minute. Then lunch (a swell, tasty sandwich: tomato steak, cucumber, green pepper, avocado and turkey on wheat), and then read a Psalm or two before taking a serious nap.

Burgers for dinner tonight along with fresh, sweet corn-on-the-cob that I picked up at the store. Mmmm. Zac and I saw the start of the All Star Game, but after dinner Dad and I and him went downstairs to his room where we watched "Avatar" on his big screen projector. It was entertaining, although very predictable and very pagan. Amazing special effects... it really was fun once around.

Gee, I'm pretty tired. Time for bed.

Jp

No comments: