Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Just Another Day of Freedom

Gosh, this is really nice, doing what I want to.

I got up before 8 today (with my alarm) in order to head over to Juanita Bay Park in Kirkland to scout out where I want to take the wedding pictures and what I'll have to work with in surroundings and in the angle of the light. I was very pleased with a few sites (mostly involving large fir and willow trees) and worked it out so they're all on the same side of the park. :) That will make everybody's day easier!

While I was out on the bay on the boardwalk, I met a gentleman with a very neat setup. The lens for his camera was nearly a foot and a half long. He let me look through it to view the pair of bald eagles nestled up in a tree across the bay. The water was covered with lilies... and ducks were frolicking and birds were gliding and chirping and the lovely cher-TWEE-er of the red-winged blackbird sounded off every now and then. Peaceful.

I don't remember much between 10:30 (when I got home) and 3pm (when I took off for today's workout). I did walk the dog, get gas for my car (and avocados for lunch), and Meg and I drove down to Woodinville to pick up her wedding dress from the cleaners. She's using her best friend's wedding dress... makes it very special for her... and cheaper. :)

This was the last Navy thing for me for a while though. Family coming in soon and then Mom and I are taking off. We'll see how I keep myself up.

Jp

No comments: