Monday, July 12, 2010

Perfect Monday

sigh of contentment

Oh, was it nice! I've been wanting to stay home and help Mom in the kitchen forever! We both got up around 8 o'clock and I helped her with the apple pie for my brother (who is coming home tonight!) and with the pile of dishes from yesterday and then we had breakfast: oatmeal to share and I made myself a hard egg.

It wasn't too long after this that I had to take off to my first Monday Navy workout. I was able to get a couple things done regarding a bill and some giving before this, but soon I drove off. It was only three of us there. We ran a mile, and then did some strength training and some more cardio. I hadn't done much lately on my own, so it really burned.

When I got home around 3pm, I had a bit of a snack for lunch and then Mom and I cleaned downstairs. Besides Zac coming home, one of Meg's friends is going to be staying downstairs for the wedding, so we wanted it to look spiffy. Lots of bed-making and vacuuming... and by the time I finished the hallway I was finished. Took a 40 minute nap. So good. Then a walk with the dog and more cleaning the kitchen... and then it was off to get Zac. We're meeting everyone in the family at Chipotle in Bellevue (Zac's favorite) for dinner and a celebration. Yay! What a day!

Jp

No comments: